Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 151: Birthday Roadtrip Begins

It's my Birthday!! :) 25?? Crazy, I'm a quarter of a century old! 

We started our roadtrip off with breakfast at Panera before getting on the road. Our 1st stop was in Williamsburg, IA at the Kinze plant. Steven collects model size Kinze wagons and other farm toys so was wanting to stop by at see the building. He had heard that they had a couple wagon designs outside that he wanted to get a picture of--what a great way to use my new camera! When we pulled in just planning to take pictures, we saw that there was an Innovation Center open to the public so we went in to check in out. It was really neat--complete with a historical video, showroom of equipment, and tour of the museum. 






We got back on the road and drove a few more hours til we got to a place for lunch. I had asked a good friend of mine where we should eat around Des Moines and we ended up going to a pizza place--go figure! haha It was really good, although there personal size was huge and we were stuff--bad idea when you are getting back in the car to sit for a few more hours. 

I drove for a couple hours because Steven was getting a little tired. Thank goodness for fancy phones and GPS that updates traffic information because we ended up taking a detour around some stopped traffic on the interstate. I drove us almost to Minneapolis before Steven switched back over and drove us into the city and to the Mall of America. We stopped at some of Steven's favorite places :)---Windows, Lego, Bose as we walked around. It was neat to see the amusement park with rollarcoasters right in the middle of the store. I wasn't really in a shopping mood so we probably didn't see all that the mall had to offer. We were originally planning on getting supper there but were both so stuff from lunch that we decided to just get dessert. I haven't had sweets for 3 WEEKS and was waiting just for my birthday to get something grand! I decided on just some good ole ice cream on top of a brownie! Well the guy gave me like 3 times as much ice cream after hearing it was my birthday and I definitely wasn't able to finish it all--I barely made a dent! My stomach was also not very happy with me--maybe too much sweets :( 





We made it to our hotel and crashed! We were exhausted after a busy day of driving and our multiple stops but it was a great start to our birthday and a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment