Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 138: Flower, Plants, Trees OH MY!

After sleeping in quite late due to not getting to bed til almost 2 AM, Steven and I set out for a long day of working in the yard. There was one section I really wanted to work on trimming bushes, pulling weeds and deciding what flowers to keep/pull out and we had a good day to do it. Steven worked on trimming the bushes and I went around pulling weeds and such. We got a lot done and need to get some weed killer/preventer to put on it and hopefully soon be ready to put mulch down. It looks so much better and you can actually see the flowers now rather than just a bunch of weeds, grass and thistles. 


Picture in Process: A little over half the bushes trimmed and weeds pulled


Mom and Joan came this evening and visited with us. Joan hadn't been over since before we got married so the house actually had stuff in it now! We cut some of the Iris's and Lilacs and put them in a vase in the house! It looks so pretty and smells so good :). We went into Peoria to get some gardening tools so that Mom and Joan could take some of our plants home and start them at their houses. We stopped at Culver's for supper and dessert--every one with their yummy ice cream for a warm evening. I can happily say though that I have gone 1 week with ZERO sweets! YAY ME!





No comments:

Post a Comment