Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 125: Indian Cuisine

On our way into church this morning, Steven blew a tire! I guess it didn't completely blow because he was able to make it the last 2 blocks to church and then had to change his tire in the parking lot before church started! Crazy morning! Mom and Dad joined us for church and then we enjoyed lunch at a new restaurant in town. The Candlelight Inn has their famous "Chicken George" that we had to try. I'm not sure where the George part comes from but basically more grown up chicken strips. It was pretty good! :) After lunch, Steven and I worked in the yard for a couple of hours before heading over to our friends house to visit and have supper. Some of our friends from church were born and raised in India and offered to make traditional Indian food for supper! I was a little nervous but excited to at least try it all. I can say that I didn't hate it and might try it again, but something with the spices and flavoring just wasn't my favorite. Steven wasn't brave enough to try it so I beat him on that! :) We took ice cream for dessert so he was good! I feel so blessed to have such a great group of friends at our church--across ages and backgrounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment