Today I worked with one of my patients that I've been seeing for about a week. He's had a lot of medical issues that have kept him hospitalized and really deconditioned. Well, today he really wanted to try walking and I had an extra set of hands to help if I needed it. He did awesome!! When we got back into his room he got a little emotional about walking for the first time in several weeks. It reminded me of WHY I wanted to become a physical therapist in the first place! :)
After work, Steven and I met up at our friends Andy and Katie's house for dinner-Chicken Fajitas! Andy and I had choir practice tonight so rather than driving all the way back home then back into Peoria later this evening they invited us to just come over and hang out! It was a yummy dinner and I got to play with little Maddie! While we were visiting and getting dinner ready, we all realized it was a little cold and Katie went to check the thermostat. That's when they realized it was 60 degrees! Steven and Andy went down to figure out the furnace and couldn't get it working and after some phone calls found out that someone wouldn't be able to come until the morning. The temperature in the house kept dropping and they were worried about it getting too cold in the night, especially for little Maddie, so we invited them over! We have the extra bedroom with a queen bed in it and plenty of room for the pack-n-play so we were happy to have them over!

No comments:
Post a Comment