Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9: Shutter Speed

Along with my usual studying, I took breaks to learn about my camera! I got it for Christmas LAST year and just never sat down to figure out all the different buttons and settings, etc. Whenever I take pictures I just set it on Auto or pick a pre-programmed one to pick the exposure for me. I had no clue on where to start when it came to shooting in a manual setting. I knew about shutter speed, aperture and ISO but wasn't sure how they all related or when to adjust what! So, thanks to Pinterest, I found this really nice blog that gives helpful information about all camera settings and breaks it down even for beginners. On this blog, one of the posts was learning about shutter speed and how to adjust it, etc. and recommended taking pictures of water coming out of the faucet. So I had my fun learning about the different settings and such and came out with some neat pictures! Hopefully I'll keep learning about my camera and will be able to take more pictures in manual mode :)

http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/01/photography-course-overview/

 **You can see individual droplets of water because the shutter speed is up really high**




2 comments:

  1. Very cool and useful info! thanks :) Also, I love the background of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is what i need to do!! learn how to use my digital camera. i never know how to use mine either :)

    ReplyDelete