Today was Round 2 of hospital orientation. I started the day parking in one of the official employee parking lots. There is a shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off closer to the hospital so I was planning on taking that today and figure out a walking path later. Well, there was a bunch of people walking towards the hospital when I pulled in so I figured I would just follow them. Well, I followed them and they all walked into the College of Nursing! It does connect over to the main hospital but my ID badge doesn't have clearance for their building so I couldn't get in! So, I was kind of stuck. I didn't know if I should walk back towards where I parked to get on the shuttle or try and figure out a walking path. I decided to be adventurous because I had quite a bit of time before I had to be to the orientation room. I ended up walking into the parking garage and up an elevator to use the crosswalk/bridge over to the back of the hospital. I don't think I'll be doing that again though because it took quite a while and I think there is an actual walking path that people use! Plus, I need to bring my gloves and maybe a scarf because it was really chilly! I think I will ask one of my new coworkers to show me tomorrow! The hospital isn't in the safest of areas so I will be using the shuttle in the evenings. But I figure, when I'm not running late and it's nice out I'll walk! I'll definitely be doing A LOT of walking with this job! The hospital is huge! My feet hurt today just from the tour! Our tour consisted of a self-guided 'treasure hunt' where you went and picked up these little paper slips at each place and then got to put them in to win a door prize. I did the tour and went to every spot but sadly did not win the prize. The tour took me throughout the entire hospital so like I said, my feet were sore and I'm definitely glad I get to wear my nice tennis shoes from here on out!
After we were done with orientation, I went to Target to get some snacky foods to pack in my lunch, plus a sport type watch for tomorrow because 2 of mine are broken :(. Then came home and made supper--Bacon Wrapped Chicken breast! I picked them up at Target and they looked really yummy! It wasn't until I got home and put them in the over that I read they were also filled with Jalepeno cream cheese! Oops! Well we tried it and it wasn't too terribly spicy/hot! Tonight I studied a little bit although wasn't having much luck staying focused so I worked on our wedding album a little bit! We got a free program through the photo editor to make our own album. It's basically shutterfly but I think a little better quality and actually cheaper! YAY!
so when i first read this and you were talking about dinner...i read "super" instead of "supper" and i was like oh my! where can i find SUPER chicken?? but then i realized it was supper. lol
ReplyDeleteanyways. glad to hear everything at the job is going along well and that there's other people around your age. :)