Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 23: Ready to be done, although still not prepared

Work today went by pretty well. I'm getting more acquainted with the hospital, computer system, etc. which makes everything just go more smoothly. Plus, I'm just feeling more confident in my ability to treat patients completely on my own which is a weird feeling! It's just been a weird transition from student to actual therapist. I'm the type of person who keeps asking questions just for my own clarification and confidence and I've realized that I don't have to do it as often because I actually know what I'm doing--some of the time! lol I stayed about 30 minutes late to work on some orientation materials and build up some hours since I ended up missing 4 hours yesterday. 

When I got home from work, Steven and I ran and got a quick supper because we both had a lot to do tonight and didn't want to take the time to make something, clean-up, and all the extras that just take time. While Steven was doing some Caterpillar work, I studied then took yet another practice test. It's really frustrating because I'm not improving like I would like to see considering the amount I've been studying. All my recent scores have been within about 5% of each other so it worries me that I've plateaued and that is the actual score I'm going to get which is just a little too close to the passing bar for me to feel comfortable. I'm just ready for it to be all over, but at the same time wish I had more time to prepare. I guess I just have to jump in and hope that my schooling and personal studying and preparation have paid off and I'll pass. I don't care how "well" I do, I really don't. I just want to PASS!! 


1 comment: