Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 21: Nothing Too Exciting I'm Afraid

Today I went to work while Steven got to stay home for Martin Luther King Jr day! Caterpillar takes a lot of days off throughout the year that surprise me for a corporate company but he was happy for a break. My work day went pretty well. I saw several patients and was able to find my way to their rooms without much help! My instructor was gone today so I was with another PT whose attitude and personality were a little calmer and helped me not get as stressed out! My preceptor is just go-go-go and I've already found it hard for me to stay calm and focused but hopefully as I get more confident and comfortable I'll break out on my own and it won't really be an issue. A new round of PT students started today and they are from Bradley. I noticed a few faces right away from my undergrad class so it was nice to get to see and visit with them. They were jealous that I graduated in December and already get to work because they don't graduate until May. While the 3 year program crammed into 2.5 was hard at the time I'm glad we got done early too!

After work I went to Panera to study for a few hours before our Women's Bible study. I took this HUGE bundle of flashcards-if you can even call them that. They came with the study book I ordered and are just double sided cards FILLED with information. Hopefully my studying will pay off for the exam next Tuesday! 

Something I had to smile about today--I've been getting emails that say to reapply for financial aid for the next academic year..blah, blah, blah. And for the 1st time since 2006 I said NO, I will not! haha


1 comment: