Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 17: Patients and a Girls Night!

Today I got to see patients!! I had 2 new evals and my orientation leader came with me for both of them but I was pretty much on my own. I still felt comfortable to ask her questions if I needed to but I was running the show! I still definitely feel like a student so I was glad she was there and it sounds like she will treat me as an "Advanced Student" for a while as my productivity increases and so that she can mark off that I'm competent and safe in certain things. This made me feel good--there are also students in the department all the time so everyone is used to having questions asked of them! Not that I don't feel prepared but I just know it's going to be an adjustment and I think it will be a really great surrounding to go out on my own but still be a good learning environment too!

After work, I went to Panera for a few hours to study and was really productive which I was happy about! I'm usually pretty focused when I go there and can get a lot done; it's just too easy to get distracted with stuff when I'm at home that I don't get as much done. After my study session, I met up with some new friends for a Girls Night! It was great to just hang out, have some fun drinks and yummy dessert and get to know these great ladies! 


THIS JUST IN!! Right after I posted this I went and checked my email.. and our Wedding Video is almost done!! YAHOO!! :) So excited!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Panera times with Jessica, how I miss thee!! YAY FOR WEDDING VIDEO!! Wooo! :)

    ReplyDelete