Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 12: Work Party Fun

We spent the morning and afternoon running some errands in Flanagan and visiting with Grandma Clara and Brian. We hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was nice to spend some time with them. Then we headed back home to quickly get ready before we had to leave for a little party with Steven's coworkers. I had only met a few people so I was excited to meet a few more--plus the wives were coming so there would be girls there too! AND, they were non-engineers so we could make fun of our husbands and bond over shared interests that had nothing to do with engineering! haha We had a fun time just visiting and telling stories. Steven and I were the only two originally from Illinois, others were from Michigan, Minnesota, Florida and Nebraska and had basically moved to work at Caterpillar so everyone had interesting backgrounds. It was BYOB and Steven stopped and picked up Amaretto, OJ and Mountain Dew. It starts out trying to be an Amaretto Stone Sour but instead of sour mix you put the Mountain Dew. Steven loves his Dew and keeps finding new things to put it in. I don't know what it should be called--Amartetto Stone Dew? Amaretto Stone Mountain? His coworkers weren't surprised that he incorporated Mountain Dew because he has it all the time at work :)
 


1 comment:

  1. amaretto stone mountain sounds fancy and exotic!! i vote for that name!

    ReplyDelete