After very little sleep due to coughing all night long and waking up with no voice, I decided to call in sick :( I didn't really want to but I couldn't talk and kept coughing and blowing my nose so it was probably best that I didn't go in. Steven took Bailey outside this morning to go potty and for a little walk and she did much better! Jenna slept in for a bit and then was all ready to play with Bailey when she got up. Steven's mom, Ellen, came over to visit today too so I ended up getting to see her since I was home. Jenna wanted to go and get a phone case and pick up some toys for Bailey so we went to Peoria, I stayed in crappy clothes and looked like a bum but was not allowed to talk, because according to Jenna I sounded like death. We got back and Jenna showed Bailey a stuffed dragon toy we picked her up and she LOVED it! It has a squeaker in it and she went crazy! Tossing it up and shaking it like crazy! Hopefully it's strong enough to not get shredded to pieces!!
It was really nice outside so Steven and Jenna took her outside on a really LONG leash to let her run outside and be able to grab her if she runs to far. She did really good and likes to run and chase Steven! Birds, squirrels, and rabbits get her really excited and she would be long gone if we didn't keep a hold of her!
Today was also her wellness appointment at the vet. She was already up-to-date with all her vaccines but we wanted to just get her checked out and all that good stuff. Other than being a little underweight she's good and healthy! She did pretty good during her visit and was friendly with everyone :) We went for a nice long walk later and visited with our neighbors. They have a small dog that stays inside and they let her out to go to the bathroom while we were outside. The little yippy thing came running around by Bailey and she started freaking out!! She was pulling so hard on the leash like she wanted to attack. She didn't bark or growl, and was more fearful of the little dog bothering her. It was frustrating to say the least and definitely wore us all out! Hopefully that will get better--who knows what her past experience with other dogs has been. All we can do is make her experiences from here on out good ones!


No comments:
Post a Comment