Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 76: Still Searching

After lunch with friends at a new restaurant in town, SmashBurger, Steven and I headed over to Pekin to another local shelter to look at the animals. I was really impressed with the owner yesterday, she knew so much about her animals and helped pair you with a dog that seemed to fit what we were looking for. We showed up at the place today, and they basically just said "Here you go, walk on through, point to a dog you want to get out". It could have been that they were all volunteer or something, I'm not sure, but I was 1st just disappointed because I wanted more information on the dogs. They were able to give us some general information on them, and maybe if we called back during the week someone would have more information. We walked through and saw a yellow lab and then a mix breed dog that we wanted to get out. This facility was really nice. They had walking trails and a lot more ground for the dogs to play in than at the place yesterday. I liked both of these dogs too, but Sundae is stuck in my head. I'm not sure if it's because she was the first one we liked so I'm comparing them all to her or what but I just couldn't get as excited. Steven was on the border between the lab and Sundae so we might go back to Sundae later this week just to have a 2nd chance to play with her and see if we still really like her and another chance to see her personality. After that we headed home for a while and then decided we wanted to check out PetSmart! Knowing that sometime potentially REALLY SOON we might have a dog, I figured we better start at least making a list of all the things we'll need. We went to look and just get ideas of all the stuff, cost, etc. We did buy a generic collar and leash :) though so we've got a small collection for whenever we get the new member of our family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment